Tadaaa, I proudly present you the Handler's Corner Daycare, featuring all our favourite characters of Hotwheels Battle Force 5.
Usually I'm more into photography and such, but lately it's been nagging me to no end, that I simply don't know how to use my tablet and PSE for - well, anything except photo manipulation.
When I stumbled upon the lineart of ~SkyeBlitz
I decided to finally give it a try.
This project was really a blast! First I thought this'll take me forever, but after I got the hang of it, I just couldn't stop until it was done. My poor laptop, tablet and hand will go on a well deserved break now.
On a last note: the colors might look a bit off. My monitor hasn't been calibrated in ages.
Bad artist, no cookies!
Things I learned from this project:
- different shading techniques
- more effective use of layers
- which tools to use for smooth transitions
- Skills come with practice (Yay!)
Things I want to improve:
- how to create different skin types (worked fairly well with Agura; worked not so much with the Cortez brothers and Zoom)
- understand the effect of light sources (Spinner looks like he had a run-in with the Phantom of the Opera)
- how to handle the tablet pen (color gradient, size gradient and I'm supposed to hold it upright)
- patience (very!)
tl;dr: Enjoy, everyone!
Base by: !Emiggax
Lineart by: ~SkyeBlitz
(thanks for letting me use this!!!)
Tools: Wacom bamboo, Photoshop Elements 6
Time: 7 hrs ?
(c) HW Battle Force 5 belongs to its respectful owners